Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Happy Families

I have always said you can pick your friends but not your family and that is so true. How is it that a family that spends most of the previous 20 years not really interested in what one of there siblings/children is doing, but then every few years when some change is going on with that person they get the guilts, they ring and make all sorts of noises about helping them out. I for one am in this situation. I only hear from one of my siblings if there is some problem with my mum, death of my father or something major is happening in my life such as divorce or as is the case now, im moving home. Don't they realise that 20 years of coming to the same town for holidays and business and never even bothering to ring would be noticed. I had to remind one of my siblings of this fact last night, remind them that for the last 20 years I have been survivng living 6 hours away from my family and never once had to ring them for any assistance so why would I start now. Funny when you consider one of your girlfreinds to be more like your sister than your actual blood sister. Anyone who suggest that there is a bridge that needs rebuilding in this family, dont look at me to do the building. I did nothing more than move away from a country town to have a better lifestyle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, do you believe in soulmates? my life mirrors yours

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home