Thursday, March 30, 2006

Day dreaming again

As I sit here listening to the sounds of Bob Sinclair singing about the Love Generation I think back to my childhood and all the carefree things we did then, playing football in the street, riding our dragster bikes to the corner shop to by 20 cents worth of lollies. I got my first scar from my bike then, I learnt a very good lesson about wearing flares and riding a bike, if your not careful you can end up with the flairs caught in the chain and you flipped over the front of the bike into the gravel, this causing a stone to lodge into my knee which has left a scar to this day.

Communication was not as complex either done by telephone, the postman or as I discovered as a teen the CB radio. Did we communicate our feelings any better than we do know? Did we understand about relationships any better? No we didn't, things were still as awkward then as they are now, only difference we were not attempting relationships via the internet. We wrote letters to freinds in other countries and towns instead of emailing them, texting them or chatting via one of the instant messaging services. In this day of high technology the art of conversation and the correct meaning of what we are trying to express can be lost or missinterpreted to easily. But let me tell you I for one don't want to go back to the days of a letter being sent to ones father asking for permision for a man to come and court his daughter. How stuffy and boring that would be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Haddock said...

The electronic age has made everything faster, but creating, understanding & maintaining relationships is as difficult as it always has been :)

4:05 AM  
Blogger kharman said...

Haddock, so true. Yet another internet date has been and gone and fizzled.. Oh well back to the bu stop

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home