Monday, January 28, 2008

Do I give up

I have been taking photos for a couple of years, not all that I take are good but I always thought there where a few good ones. Freinds of mine have been very appreciative of my work and one in particular got me a paid gig to take photos for a presentation to a government department which she said went down wonderfully. Then I come across other people, some are other hobby photographers who cant seem to say a kind word about any of my work can only pick faults with it. It has left me wondering a few times whether I am wasting my time with photography as a hobby. I get a lot of enjoyment getting out and about to take the pics and the process them so should i just continue and keep the pictures to myself. My life revolves around my job, my kids, my dog and what little social life I can muster up so there is not much else for me to enjoy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Davoid said...

If you enjoy photography: to hell with everyone else.
There is a difference between constructive criticism and negative comments that don't help.
You decide which is which.
Also some people (e.g. artists) are sensitive to any criticism and deem it as negative, just make sure the comment is constructive.
It sounds like you love photography so keep it up.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Malcolm Garth said...

What? Give up? Why? Photography is something you can do until you slip this mortal coil...

Keep taking photos, keep reading, try to set projects and go for it!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Malcolm Garth said...

PS: Regarding criticism.

Everyone has an opinion... Unless they can be constructive and explain clearly why my image is inferior and how I could have improved it they are wasting my time...

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should definately keep the photography going, you don't need to please anyone but yourself. You will learn more from the shots that don't work and get even more reward from the ones that do.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home