Friday, June 23, 2006

My photos

I have an interest in photos and as you have seen have bought a camera and am taking lots of pics and attempting to learn more. Yes I am a novice at photography and I know I have lots to learn but the photos I have put on here already are just part of what I have been doing in my life.

Encouragment and Helpful hints on how I can improve my photos is always wlecome, what I do not appreciate is being told they a crap. We are not all proffesional photographers and no one got there buy just picking up a camera, what I see as interesting may not be interesting to someone else. People should think about what they say before they say it. Luckily enough I am strong minded person who doesnt take that type of stuff without a good reply and comeback, not necessarily done in as rude a manner as said to me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blast :-) I imagine someone made some not very complimentary comments. As far as I am concerned being told a photo is crap is quite OK PROVIDED there are reasons given why it is so and possibly what can be done to improve it. Of course some people don't have the technological knowledge to say what can be done. Just negative comment without any reasons why is not acceptable to me either. Good that you don't take those comments to heart. BTW you take some very good photos.

Peter

7:42 PM  
Blogger kharman said...

Thanks peter, but it was said by someone who tries to sell there photographs and said in a condescending manner. I would not comment on his photo from a technically viewpoint as im not technical enough yet but on a quick look i didnt think they were special. :-)

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whether a photo is good technically isn't really important. What is important is if it has impact and if it works as an image. If it doesn't arouse an emotion (other than ho-hum seen that done better etc) in the person looking at it then it probably has failed as an image at least for that viewer. What's the difference here between photography and painting? Being technically perfect doesn't make an image good on its own.
Peter

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home